Sunday, February 23, 2020

Election Night


Well, the results for the primary came rolling in during a watch party with Elizabeth. It was an unexpected result, to say the least..

Elizabeth ended up in 4th place with about 9.2% of the vote. That still equates to 27,387 people who voted for her.. but it was not enough to win.

I got really sad and discouraged.. but Elizabeth came on the stage and really lifted the spirits in the room, which is an impressive skill. I think the pictures above accurately display how I was feeling: content, motivated to work harder, and optimistic about the future.

Her speech emphasized that her campaign is built for the long run, and that she is not going anywhere. She congratulated Bernie, Pete, and Amy for doing well, which was a classy move and strangely made me feel better. She continued to speak upon her vision and the path to get there. She said that it's an uphill battle, but we can certainly get there. She thanked everyone for getting her to this point, which felt nice to be thanked from the boss herself. That speech was the perfect ending to my New Hampshire Primary experience, and I felt proud to be a part of this campaign.

I left wanting to Dream Bigger, Fight Harder, and Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Important Update!

I'm just going to leave this here... The all important, golden MOMENTUM has been SNATCHED!